Thursday 3 January 2013

Hello 2013

So I missed the mark of posting a New Year's post. And I wasn't going to but now I cannot sleep and I find myself randomly typing this with no real direction of where it is going to end exactly. Excuse the midnight waflfle. Now would be a good time to stop reading!

I wasn't really feeling the whole "New Year's Thing" this year for some random reason. And I am not usually a cynic so I do not know why I am about to sound like one! But for someone reason New Year's just seems like an excuse to do the things you never started when you should have. Do you know what I mean? Why do we have to wait for a Monday or worse, a whole New Year to make the changes we want to make? Screw that. Start today. Yesterday you said today. Just do it already!

On the morning of the 31st, I arrived half an hour early for a coffee date with my friend (I am always punctual but this was just ri-don-culous. So I started making a list of things I wanted to work on and things I wanted to finish. I do love compiling a list and after looking back on 2012 these were a few of my goals for 2013. Side note: this year they will not be called "New Year's Resolutions" because I do not want them to fizzle out by June.

Save first, spend later - I worked on this last year and want to do even better this year. Ideally I do not want to be 40 and still house sharing.

Be kind. To friends, family and strangers. All the time. I really do believe everyone is fighting their own battle  and a little kindness could make or break someone. Make sure I am not the one breaking them.

Read all of James Frey's books. I LOVED A Million Little Pieces so much I cannot wait to get my hands on the others.

Watch Lord Of The Rings so I can finally see what all the fuss is about. And don't fall asleep!

Eat Clean. January is going to be my month of discipline. Yes, this will most probably be the worst month of the year for me. I like sugar. It is day 3 and I am miserable. Perhaps this is why I am turning into a cynic? Someone quick, get me a snickers!

Journal more. I have so many pretty journals that I haven't wanted to ruin by writing in. I know this defeats the purpose of a journal  I need to get over this milestone and get scribbling  Speaking of which have you seen a "wreck this journal" journal - they are awesome! I want one. But cannot spend - crap.

What are some of your goals / dreams / desires / resolutions for 2013?

No comments:

Post a Comment